DA DIVA BEAUTY: HIGHLIGHTS

DA DIVA BEAUTY

↑ Grab this Headline Animator


BOOK ME AS YOUR MAKEUP ARTIST

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

LOTN

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone week is going great so far, so far for me its ok, just another week but hey gotta be thankful... So I did this look for the night (LOTN).

Was going for simple and there you have it a 'simple look', nothing dramatic. Now for my foundation, I had did my face makeup in the day and I have tried a new method in using my Everyday Minerals foundation. I did the process of applying it wet, I sprayed my kabuki brush with some *homemade mixing medium/fix + (3 parts water and 1 parts glycerin) and then swirled in my foundation and applied it over the liquid foundation I applied first which is Revlon Colorstay (oily/combination):Mahogany.
Also today was my first time using a stippling brush to stipple my liquid foundation and I absolutely love the results, I will definitely be doing this method again. Sometimes we need to try new methods in makeup application to see what works well for us and what gives us the best results than before. I for one am still learning and trying new things everyday.


Here goes some pictures:









FACE:
Monistat Chafing Gel (primer)
Revlon Colorstay f/d (oily/combination): Mahogany
Everday Minerals f/d: Tan (*applied wet with homemade fix+)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer:NW45 (under eye dark circles)
NYC Translucent Powder

EYES:
LD
Milani e/s: Shock (lid, bottom lid)
Milani e/s: Flare (crease)
MAC e/s: Creme De Violet (over crease color)
MAC e/s: Cranberry (deepen crease)
Wet N Wild e/s: Creme (highlight)
Love my Eyes eye pencil duo: Passion (blue color~ waterline)
Wet N Wild Gel eye liner:black
XXL mascara


LIPS:
HIP l/s: Fervent
Covergirl l/g: Plum crazy


Now have a great night.

Smooches, Be fabulous!

4 comments:

  1. Nice fierce look! :) So how did the new method of applying foundation work out for you? Did it give you better coverage/longer lasting results?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chrissy, thank for the comments...yes it did, I like full coverage from my foundation and it really gave me that, it lasted longer because I did my face makeup 1pm and took it completely off at 12:30am (with the exception of blotting once in between, because I am oily in the t-zones. I am actually gonna try out other mineral makeup and try using this method with them. Also for stippling the Revlon colorstay I like that method better too. But its all depends on what suits a person. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that's pretty! i have creme de violet and love that shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I hear a lot of people talk about the Monistat (primer.) I haven't tried it. I always forget when I'm in the store. I DID try the Milk of Magnesia (primer.) It's not all that bad.
    Anywho, I like this look, a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, suggestions and feedback. It is very much appreciated!